Law Program Officer
Job Posting: Law Program Officer
Location: New York City
Type of Position: FT w/ benefits
Post Date: September 12, 2006
Start Date: Immediate
Human Rights in China (HRIC), a leading international Chinese human rights NGO with offices in Hong Kong and New York, is seeking a committed, energetic, and detail-oriented professional to fill the position of Law Program Officer in our New York office.
The Law Program Officer will work closely with HRIC lawyers and advocacy staff and contribute to HRIC’s interrelated advocacy, research, casework, and outreach programs, including:
• Overseeing case management, strategy, and coordination
• Conducting Chinese and international legal research
• Preparing specific policy, case, and legal briefs and submissions to human rights mechanisms at the UN as well as contributions to other bilateral and multilateral fora
• Conducting research on pressing human rights concerns in China
• Contributing to the overall strategic development of HRIC’s advocacy programs
Candidates must be committed to HRIC’s mission and interested in working in a friendly, high-energy, collaborative trilingual NGO that insists on the highest professional and public-interest standards.
• J.D. or equivalent and 3–5 years of human rights-related experience (including clinical, internship, and professional positions)
• Excellent writing and communication skills
• Excellent analytical, organizational, and planning skills
• Fluency in written and spoken Chinese (Mandarin) and English
• Interested in China and supporting human rights advocacy
• Well-organized, detail-oriented, cooperative, and comfortable handling multiple tasks
Salary commensurate with experience, plus employer-paid benefits.
How to Apply:
Apply immediately. Please e-mail a cover letter, resume, and references to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Human Rights in China (HRIC) is an equal opportunity employer.
Job posted on: September 15, 2006